In spite of greater importance of nutrition, hardly any doctor or nutritionist has time or sometimes capability to calculate the daily nutrient intake of the patient/person based on history of total food intake per day and then accordingly advice based on local food availability of patient / person. Larger programmes like mid day meal & ICDS are also in need of simple software which dynamically calculate nutrients in menu which may change as per the locality , season , availability of funds etc. So with following objectives this educational package was developed.
1.To equip nutritionist & Doctors with software which help them for better patient care.
2. To help people/patients to calculate & compare their own nutrients intake & requirement so that they can modify their dietary pattern.
3. Useful in community health programme , nutrition rehabilitation centres , ICDS , Schools etc.
- Calculation of nutrients based on history of food intake.
- 700 food articles are already entered. More than 10000 food articles/ recipes can be added under specific category.
- Nutritive values of recipes are entered automatically, once the compositions of recipes are written.
- Requirement of both the sexes at different age groups can be
- Automatic comparison of requirement & actual nutrient intake of an
- Name of food articles can be seen in Gujarati / other languages of India.
- Listing of food articles rich in specific nutrient in decreasing order.
- Listing of nutrients of specific food article.
- User friendly. No professional knowledge of medicine is required.
- Individual calculations can be stored & recalled periodically.
- After learning one can earn by giving print copies of nutrition information based on this software.